Aug 4, 2008

More Or Less

“Oh I’m just brilliant”, so I thought
My spiritual state I counted naught
Everyone loved my company
I had less of You and more of me

My mouth spoke nonsense people loved
My soul accepted anything the world shoved
Everyone loved my stupidity
I had less of You and more of me

My hands committed sins abhorred
My feet went places satan adored
Satan loved my sincerity
I had less of You and more of me

My eyes showed haughty countenance
I walked with sheer arrogance
I am the best, who else could be
I had less of You and more of me

There came a God-Man into my night
He touched my heart and showed me the light
Quite instantly my eyes could see
I needed more of Him and less of me

My mouth slowly harnessed its stream
My soul shut doors to things unclean
Everyone loved my serenity
I had more of You and less of me

Slowly my passions turned heavenward
Every time I obeyed His precious Word
My heart grew warm with that Holy being
I know it was You and not of me

Oh I pray this experience never ends
Help me Oh Lord to keep Your trend
I want to shine bright for Your glory
Till there’s more of You and none of me


-----This was my entry at Faithwriters.com------

No comments:

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit