Mar 25, 2014

Made in His Image!

We are an incredible creation. The biggest and most amazing characteristic we have is this : We are made in the image of God.
Genesis 1:26(AMP)
God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.
Have you been praying for a loved one who does not know Jesus? Has it been a very long time and there seems to be no evidence of any change in the horizon? Take heart God has a way to let them know that they belong to Him!

Yesterday, as I was praying for my loved ones, I kept hearing this in my heart, "You are all made in His(God's) image, and the more you allow Jesus to be seen in and through you, they will know Me. They will see Me in you and begin to recognize themselves."

I argued with this thought saying, "But they don't know you. They have only known you as just another god like the thousands they already follow. How will they recognize that Jesus loves them and that they really do belong to God? That when I pray for them, it is truly You Who blesses them. How will they know that it is You who is working in their lives? " The Holy Spirit said, "They will know because they are all created in the image of God and when you show them by being the living breathing, walking mirror of God's Word they will recognize themselves as they really are!"

When I started ruminating on this thought, my jaw dropped! I was filled with awe as I began to understand slowly. That when I see myself in the mirror, I know what I look like.  Even when there are many others who stand by my side and I can see their reflection in the mirror, I know what I look like. I know by looking at my hair whether it needs fixing, whether my lips need more color, whether I need a shower! I do not look at someone else's mirror image and try to fix my makeup! I know what I look like! As simple as that.

The key is "They don't know Who they look like, for they have never been shown the mirror of God's Word!"

Let us pray that God would help us in being this mirror - walking, living, breathing demonstrating amazing mirror of the Word of God, so people can look at + through us and see Jesus and the more they look they will begin to recognize their image - the image of God their Creator! They will  be awakened from their lies and dementia and find out how beautifully and wonderfully they have been made. A masterpiece creation of their Father in heaven! Let us continue praying that God's family be restored to Him!

1 Corinthians 13:12

Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as [a]in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand [b]fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been [c]fully and clearly known and understood [[d]by God].


No comments:

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit