Jan 15, 2007

My Testimony

I was born and brought up in a wonderful Christian family, by a very godfearing couple. We weren't very rich, but my parents did their best to give me and my 2 younger brothers the best that our little town could give. We got the best schooling and encouragement to do whatever we wanted to do.
My grandparents used to visit us often, they used to rise up early in the morning about 3 am and pray for all of us. It made me wonder, why would someone with common sense, ever want to lose precious sleep and pray??? Of all things. I sometimes even heard my name being said in their prayers. Well I thought that was being stupid with time. I was 10yrs old then
In the summer of 1994 we (the 3 of us, me and my 2 brothers Abraham and David) were sent for VBS (Vacation Bible School) at a church a little away from home. I learnt some real strange stuff, I learnt that our Lord Jesus was not an ordinary God, that He wanted a personal relationship with me??? This was a strange thing to me, though I was brought up in a Christian home, and my parents being believers and all, I thought being saved and all that jazz was for the old folks. My life changed with one statement, from Matthew 10:32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." I knew I had to do something and I did, I acknowledged Jesus as my Saviour before that circle of children seated around the fire, on camp fire night(the last night of the VBS camp) and it felt good, light and happy. I was in 10th standard in school then.
When we went back to school after the summer had ended, I didn't know how different life was going to turn out for me. I had been an above average student, a good girl, a good daughter, good at sports and everything else, nothing special had ever happened to me. However God had planned to make me stand out, I was no longer ordinary and part of the crowd anymore. The school board chose me to be the Vice Captain of the "Yellow House" and during my graduation from school I received the "Outstanding Sportsperson" of the year award too. I was thrilled the way things were going. Well God didn't stop at that. 2 yrs from then, something great was going to hit my family.
I went to a Hindu based school nearby for my 11th and 12th standard, in Maths and Science. I was in for a bigger surprise when they chose me to be the "Sports Secretary" there. I wasn't ordinary..yippee I wasn't. I was a leader there too. By the time 12th standard ended, everyone in the class, started preparing for entrance exams to get into various engineering and medical colleges. I did too. I prayed hard and I prepared and I got through, not by my might, but by the wisdom and knowledge of the Spirit of God. I got through India's 2nd best chain of Engineering Institutions.
God showed me that day, nothing was impossible for Him and I knew it in my heart, God and me made a great team and I wouldn't trade that partnership for anything.
(more later...)

11 comments:

Curious Servant said...

Thank you for sharing that.


A Hindu based school? In the states?

God bless.

Karuna said...

Oh no!!, Not in US, I am from India. A Christian child of God from India

Curious Servant said...

That is interesting. I once spent quite a bit of time interested in hinduism.

Thank you for dropping by my blog and commenting. It was very welcome.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

awesome post, thanks for sharing.

Sista Cala said...

I am so thrilled to hear your story. I work with a Hindi woman. She has been in the U.S. for 30+yrs but she still practices the Hindi religion. I have been reluctant to witness to her because of the cultural differences. I believe I was meant to find your site, to be encouraged to approach her concerning Christ. Thank you.

Ben&Sangeeta said...

Hi there,
I came across your blog and I like it very much. My name is Ben Lall, I have a website www.masihivandana.com
It is for South Asian Christians. I would love to put a link to your blog on my site. Please let me know if this would be alright with you.I would invite you to visit my website and do let me know.
Blessings
Ben Lall

Karuna said...

Hi Ben, I did visit your site in search of some Indian Christian music. I couldn't find a way to reply to your request so am posting it here. You can sure add my blog to your site.
God Bless

Ben&Sangeeta said...

Hi there,
I was wondering why I never heard from you. I will now post your blog on my site as well.
A suggestion - I think you should change your blog background to something lighter - it makes it a little difficult to read.
Sorry for being a little forward on this.
Blessings
Ben

Karuna said...

I know about the colour, I think so too...will try and see what works best on this page...

Thanks for your feedback...many don't and that sort of leaves me wondering on what to do...

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great.

Our company has been representing authors for the past twenty years.
We would love to add you to our database to receive press releases from them regarding religious books for review.

Thank you in advance,

Ken Eason
Bostick Communications
ops@bostickcommunications.com

Karuna said...

Hi Ken,

You may add my blog to your list.

Thanks

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit