Jan 26, 2007

How great Thou Art, O' Lord

Yesterday morning, it was flurrying a bit. The snow flakes fell one by one, some in little groups, very slowly and softly on my porch. I watched them for a while and then I wanted to see a little more closely.

I stepped out to see that little flake sitting on my porch, and the others which sat with their friends, huddled together as if, trying to avoid the cold (14F).

I took my camera and took a picture of them lying on my porch and I witnessed the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my whole life. Those tiny tiny, even less than a millimeter in diameter, were so amazingly beautiful and intricately designed, I just was in awe of my God, who had made them so beautiful. I had been wondering, how the people had come up with such a wonderfully geometric and beautiful shape for a snow flake, because I used to think they were like round cotton balls, but I was so awestruck when I found out ,they weren't round and boring, but so amazingly beautiful, really really.

I am not much of a designer, I can look at something and draw it-copy a drawing, but I cannot think of something unique and beautiful on my own, I can copy something as close to it as possible, but I cannot create a unique design off my own mind. After seeing the snow flake, I realised, "Hey, I can ask the Chief Designer, from whom everyone else takes inspiration (whether they know it or not), to help me out in designing pretty faces for my blogs. "
We've been placed in God's art gallery and it never ends to bring joy and peace to us...Nature, flowers, people , animals, insects, birds...mountains, valleys...and sunsets...they never repeat themselves, every one of them unique and beautiful.

You and me, unique and beautiful, all His handiwork.
Oh, then sings my soul, "How Great Thou Art O Lord"

2 comments:

batgirl said...

Are those the pics you took? Amazing! What a pretty blog. God bless.

Sista Cala said...

I may be a bit off the subject, but these thoughts came to me as I a read your post.

Creation power belongs only to God. What satan produces is always a counterfiet. To recognize counterfiet bills, one studies the Original and memorizes every detail. Man may be able to clone.....but he will never be able to create life. The creative abilities we have are God-given and should always be used to glorify Him.

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit