Feb 1, 2007

Warmth

A cold winter day, I look outside the window. Everything looks calm and sunny, but I know the weather desktop thingy is not lying when it says it is -7F outside. There is no snowing, the sun is bright, the trees look green(well almost), my heart wants to be outside and watch the people, the lake, the birds, the shoppers..but the desktop weather icon tells me its cold out there. There are a few people out there, running the trail, in boots, their bodies tucked away securely in the warmth of their thick lined jackets, hats and gloves.
Well I wanted to see for myself if the desktop weather was really really giving the right temperature- is it really cold outside? Well I stepped out onto my patio, without the jacket, without my warm mittens, without slippers of any sort to cover my feet, I am powerful I am braving the chills.
Soon my power gives up on me, the warmth of the heater that kept me warm inside my cosy apartment left me almost instantly. My fingers and feet stop feeling anything, its not cold anymore, I'm standing on something hard, yeah just hardness of the patio wood. The feelings of coldness are leaving me slowly, starting from my feet, the ground on which I stand, I know I stand, but with no feeling of cold anymore, the feet, they're going numb, the blood I guess will stop flowing in that direction a few more minutes from now. I don't turn to go inside, well the door is still open, my room heater still keeps my living room warm, but I don't go inside-why?
I search my heart for answers, there is nothing great outside here, its only cold, I can't even focus on the things I wanted to see, then why?..I'm adventurous and bold....I reason further, still standing on my numb feet, oh it won't be warm inside after all, who's there for me if I go in, who will make my life interesting if I go in? Maybe the one's that showed me their warmth, will warm me up again...but maybe if I venture out for some more time I will like it, let me stay a little while longer...my feet don't respond to the fact that my brain sent them signals to wiggle. They're wiggling alright, but I don't feel anything anymore...soon it will be too late to return...but the door's still open...I turn and go in.

Sin is like that isn't it? When eve was roaming around in the garden, she came across the tree of which God said "Don't eat it." and satan comes by luring her,the master of all sin and lies, he says "Did God really say you shouldn't eat it?". There is the seed of doubt planted against the very Person who 'birthed' her and called her His own. Seems so glamorous, sugar coated on the outside looking, but inside , it holds sweet poison. It slowly kills the feelings, the very feet you stand on, loses its ground, until you feel nothing, you're numbed to sin and wrong doesn't seem wrong anymore, the feelings, that make you human are gone.Sin cares for no one, sin doesn't come to show you the pretty sunshine, but take you out from the warmth of your feelings, the feelings that help you guage right from wrong. It skews your ability to see black and white, shows you the greys and soon, there will be nothing but black, the feelings gone, conscience dead. The body will follow the way of demise soon, sin hurriedly tries to gain the most control, to speed up this...

However the door to warmth and life still remains open and it's hardly away from you."11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. ...14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. "Deuteronomy 30:11-15

It is never too late to turn to God, never. What you've been looking for, is right behind the door, named Jesus. Enter in and feel the warmth of His love.

3 comments:

Eddo said...

Wow, nice post. Thanks for dropping by posted note and the kind words you said about my designs. I also like your site. Nice colors, cheerful, yet warm... I hope you get that book soon, you are gonna love it.

Eddo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
An Ordinary Christian said...

I used to live in Minnesota and remember all that cold weather. I hear you're chilling these days! I love your love for Christ. Stand firm, continually abounding in Him, victorious woman.

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit