Feb 8, 2007

Looking Back at God's Faithfulness

I am dedicating this post to share from my life, incidents in which God worked wonderfully and changed the situations a whole 180 degree turn.

I am the eldest of 3 children, me and 2 younger brothers Abraham and David. There was a time, when after I went to college, that my family was in spiritual trouble. My brother Abraham had become very violent, disobedient and had bad friends. My heart ached, my parents were sorrowful, my younger brother David was disturbed. The house was in unrest. In the meanwhile, at my college, me and my friend Mary were like David and Jonathan, she loves me dearly and we were 2 prayer partners ready to take on the world and so we did.

I had gone home for our summer break in 1998 and saw the condition at home. At that time, God had brought a book to my hand, named "The Bondage Breaker" through my friend and senior in college Geordee. I am not fond of scary stories and this was I don't know why I got that book book. I read it anyway and found myself interested in the way it deals with spiritual warfare. That was an eye opener for me. So when I saw the situation at home, I was ready to try what Neil had said in his book.

I remember that evening, a blind uncle who often visited our home had come to meet us, he works for Bible Society of India. Though uncle could not see through his physical eyes, God had given him the ability to see spiritually, our struggles. He told us, the reason for what had been going on with my brother. And boy I was mad at the devil, so I met my brother, Abraham, I asked him if he could say "Jesus is Lord", he replied, "I don't believe in your God". I knew that was it...so me and my parents got together and prayed a violent prayer...I had never prayed that effortlessly and violently before.

The next day I left for college, then at college, Mary and I continued to pray for thim from June until October 1999. In october, my brother called me(he had never done that ever before) and said, "Please pray for me, I want to read the Bible, but I can't" I said ok and right there in that common room of my hostel, with girls chatting around, some walking around, I prayed through the phone. He said thank you and kept the phone. God had prepared a way for our family to see a miracle, that year.

Before the year ended, my brother Abraham was a free young man, he had accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his Saviour and on 31st of Dec that same year, took water baptism to declare the same. I got to see him that year 1999, when I went home for Christmas and New Year. He was a changed person, his eyes shone with joy and he couldn't stop talking of our Lord Jesus.
He recently got a job and received good favour from his managers. I am so proud of him and so grateful to God.

Sounds like a fairy tale isn't it, but it happened in my life.
(I wish I could put pictures, but they're all those old reel format and back in India)

1 Chronicles 16:12 "Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,"

No comments:

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit