Jul 2, 2007

Live, Move and Have our being...

"28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' " Acts 17:28

I couldn't have understood the full meaning of this scripture, but now through being pregnant I got this new revelation in my mind.

A few months ago, nobody would have known I was pregnant, I didn't look pregnant. I didn't feel pregnant, but during the recent days when my babies move, I can feel them. It is an amazing feeling. Knowing that knowing that knowing that there is a part of you, a living being inside of you. It is amazing and beautiful and I cannot describe it in words.
In such a time I remembered this verse from Acts 17:28. In our Lord we live and move and have our being.
My babies are living inside of me, they are moving inside of me and they have their being inside of me.
The living and moving part of it are easily comprehensible, but the most interesting part of the verse is in knowing have our being.

What does it mean to "have our being in Him(Jesus our Lord)"?
Here's how I understand it now. For my babies there is no other place to grow healthy and safe and beautifully than inside of me. No incubator and nothing man-made could ever give that kind of special fortress for them. In Ecclesiastes 11:5 the Bible says "As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." The process is so wonderful, imagine a whole complex system like the brain, the lungs, the heart and all being wonderfully created inside of me. A whole human being, being made inside of another human being. Wow!!
Yet for my babies to be absolutely healthy and face the world they've got to be inside of me and remain in me for the entire time they're being fearfully and wonderfully made.

So also for us children of God, offspring of God, there is no safer and better place to grow beautifully than inside our God. That is the place we will have our being. Thats the place we can be made complete. Thats the place we can grow in strength to face anything that comes against us in our spiritual life.

Let us remain in our Lord Jesus, for every nourishment we can get, that we may truly live and move and have our being in Him.

3 comments:

Sista Cala said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Neva said...

Amen!
Living and moving and being His!
What a blessing!

Great post

Peace
Neva

Anonymous said...

It is a feeling that one can not describe. It is awesome to know our father in heaven loves us more than words can say.

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit