Jul 20, 2007

Feed your spirit not your vision

From the time I saw my babies at the doctor's office, it was a beautiful vision of a future reality. A wonderful reality not at the moment but that which is to come. While I went by my daily living, the vision I had seen has continued to grow inside of me. This thought revved up my heart yesterday as I was praying.

God gives us a vision of the future that He has planned for us...and then what. Some of us just dive into the vision then and there, groping for something which has not yet been realised. Hoping to drag that vision into the 'right now' time...when it is actually meant for a much later time. Everyone whom God called in the Bible was given a vision or a dream of what would be in their future and what they were to receive or do. Noah, the crazy guy who built a boat on the land. Abram the mad fellow who had his name changed to Abraham(father of many nations) when his wife was barren and they were well advanced in age to have a baby. Joseph, the guy who was thrown into adversity the moment he got his dream from the Lord.

This pregnancy is showing/teaching me spiritual stuff I would have easily overlooked. When I came to know I was going to have my babies, they were still inside of me and it surely didn't mean they were going to be in my arms the next day either. It will be quite a long wait from then on- 40weeks. In the meanwhile as I wait for the big day, a lot of things about me changed. I started on some vitamins, I improved my food habits, I reduced on junk food, I started doing everything to make myself healthy. So I began working on my physical and mental health. Eating well and being joyful. Seeing and absorbing good things. I started working on things that would benefit my well being, I didn't start working on the babies, I didn't personally give them food, I am working on myself, while the miracles continue to grow on the inside of me. When the time comes I will see the miracle before my eyes

So it is with our Living God. When God gives us a vision, there is a time through which God will take us in order that we may grow and be made ready for the vision to be made real in the future. Notice it is not us who bring the vision into reality, like it is not me making the babies in my womb, it is God. Our duty is to prepare ourselves for the day in which the vision will be made real.

When God gives us a vision or a dream, he doesn't mean for us to make good that vision that is His work . God wants us to get ready and be prepared for the vision. God shows us the vision in order that we may be motivated and have faith that what God has promised He is able to perform (Hebrews 11), like for Abraham, God showed him the stars of the sky, the countless grains of sand and even changed his name in order that Abraham start changing his thinking about his own life and be ready when the promise, the vision, his own offspring from his own wife, be born.

Has God given you a vision? Then start working on yourself, building up yourself with the best spiritual food you can have and grow stronger that you be fully ready and prepared when the vision comes into being.

2 comments:

Sista Cala said...

This post is fantastic. From the title to the end- powerful. The line that really hits home w/me is the one where you say; It is our duty to prepare ourselves for the day the vision will be realized. I have got a lot of work to do on me. Thank God, I don't have to do it alone, He is my strength.

An Ordinary Christian said...

I heard my Pastor say once, "If God tells you what He is going to do, then He probably doesn't need your help to do it." I get a "vision" and I jump right in doing my part and delay the whole thing. Or least that had been the way I operated. Now I am trying to live in His rest. His Sabbath rest - that is, He has done all the work and He will perfect in me what He wants to do. "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." God belss you!

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit