Mar 24, 2010

Imaginary Jesus by Matt Mikalatos

Imaginary Jesus by Matt Mikalatos is an amazing book.

I almost did not order this book, but then I read the first chapter online and I wanted to read some more, wondering why would somebody chase Jesus and why would Jesus run?

Matt stars himself in this story where he confronts his imaginary Jesus, a Jesus he made up to suite his own needs and someone he could follow at his own comfort level. The journey reveals many more kinds of imaginary Jesuses, most of which are quite relevant with the kind of Christian lifestyle we are accustomed to in our times, absolutely unawares of the real Jesus from the Bible. I was shocked to find a few of my own imaginary ones in there. Matt's experience through this ordeal ends brilliantly with his meeting with the real Jesus.

I loved the pace at which the story goes, absolute page turner for me. Also, I am an avid C. S Lewis fan, hence I totally loved the concept behind the book. The book answered my curiosity, my questions and doubts regarding my own spiritual journey in an indirect but profound manner. I give it 2 thumbs up, if I had more you could add them too.

View the video release

Tyndale House Publishers has provided you with a complimentary copy of this book, in exchange for my unbiased review. I am not being paid for this review.

2 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Thanks for the great review, and I'm so glad you picked it up!

Matt

audrey` said...

Blessed Easter, Karuna =)

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit