Mar 11, 2010

Strange Happenings

Hebrews 12:11
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

Ever had a time, when God dealt a bit sternly with you when you thought you were just about getting to perfection? I went through that painful time of correction when my heart was turned inside out. Its like a grand looking Gucci bag turned inside out and its insides were filthy from spilled dried food. Bits of used tissue paper. Old, empty lipsticks. Old old receipts and many more unwanted stuff, just stuck to the bag. Obviously the bag needs a beating and probably a wash if it could stand it.

I am so grateful that God did not just get satisfied with a great outward look, but dealt with stuff inside, deep inside my heart, issues I had never known existed. It is difficult when you find out, there are 'issues' within your heart you never knew.

The best thing through this painful process was that my Lord Jesus was with me in it, every step of the way. Encouraging me with His precious Word and showing me my progress. Now that I am stepping on the other side, one step at a time, I can feel the difference. Definitely the process has brought me peace and righteousness, a very much needed fresh clean feeling.

No comments:

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit