Mar 29, 2010

Not a Casual Thing

"24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." 1 Corinthians 11:24-26

I believe the Lord has been tugging at my heart to determine, how seriously I take my connection with Him. The books that have crossed my path these recent days have been turning the mirror onto me, to check who I see in the mirror. Bits of the old me, my hands, my head, my heart are still visible in the image in the mirror. I am not yet made transparent with Jesus, so that people around me will see Jesus in me. I am so translucent and in some places so opaque, you can see ugly bits of me in me, no wonder there is no real impact from my life on others. Just a camouflage of Christianity, nothing real that can cause people to want the change in me.

The above verse asks of me to remember Jesus' body that was bruised and battered for me and
precious blood that was shed for me. What have I done with that? Nothing, at least nothing of much significance. What do I remember, with the remembrance of Him on the cross? At communion do I see the pretty soft white wafer and the sweet tasting grape juice? Is my Jesus still at the cross, helpless, dying or is the Jesus in me, changing lives of people around, in Words and in deeds.

"Oh change me Lord Oh change me, forevermore, to shine for You, send me where I ought to be, not where I like to be. Bring people in my life, the ones I try to avoid for the sake of my comfort levels, the ones You want me to be with. Help me with Your guidance to do EXACTLY as You would have me do."
Amen.


2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Thanks for writing this!! Blessings to you dear online friend!

Karuna said...

Thank you so much Yolanda.

 
Copyright Design by Godzheart - Brushes and Background credit